Thursday, July 4, 2013

Student Response System

I always get excited when I learn about some new technology.  This time I came across Netclick which is a web-based student response system.  Some schools have Smartboards or Promethean Boards with clickers/texters.  However, many schools cannot afford that technology.  The good news is that Netclick makes it more affordable to have an interactive classroom.  I watched the demo and it shows students using any device (computer, tablet, iPhone, Android) to interact with the teacher's Powerpoints.  I think that is another fabulous feature is that you can use the Powerpoints you already have rather than having to recreate the information in some other format.  It allows you to export the data to see how the students answered for each slide.  You can lock slides so students can't interact.  Students log in with a code that appears at the top of the Netclick screen. The Netclick screen shows the answer the student touched.  I like to share new things I find.  While I haven't actually used this technology yet in my classroom, I can definitely see its usefulness and plan to use it in the near future.  If you are familiar with Netclick, please leave a comment so we can learn the pros and cons.  Thank you!  Happy Independence Day!

http://www.netclick.me/

No comments:

Post a Comment