Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Teachers Need a Personal Secretary

I am back!  I knew this was going to happen...start a blog, then have long gaps in my posts.  Here is the scoop...I have had two long-term sub jobs for some wonderful ladies who had the sweetest little babies!  It is so hard to go back to work after having a little one.  You just want stay home and cuddle that sweet baby for as long as you can!  Anyway, I am thankful and honored they asked me to sub in their rooms.  It has been wonderful, exciting, educational, and scary all at once.  Things that surprised me about being in the classroom were the amount of paperwork!  The acronyms are insane...PLC, QPA, DRA, FAIR, PST...well you guys know about all these.  One other thing is the number of meetings teachers attend.  I teasingly told a friend the other day that teachers need a personal secretary to handle all of the phone calls, paperwork, copying, filing, and appointments.  No matter, there is no place I'd rather be than in the classroom!    

One more thing...I saw this app on another blog.  If I put it on here, maybe I won't forget to look at it later.   Socrative App

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I saw a pin on pinterest that led me to your blog. (The post on QR bingo). I have used socrative in my first grade room and love it! The problem is finding the time to get it all set up.

    Your Newest Follower,
    Joell
    Totally Terrific Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joell for following my blog. I still haven't had the chance to use Socrative app but there is still hope for next year. I'll keep you posted how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete